RACE GEAR - RACE RULES - REGISTRATION - COLD WEATHER - ACCOMMODATION - RENTING PULKA
Rovaniemi66, 22.-24 February 2019
Registration next 2019 race will be open next August 15th 2018
(will finish next December 15th 2018)
66 kilometers ultramarathon. Maximum time to complet it: 18 hours. Three categories: foot, fat-bike and ski.
Rovaniemi66 entry fee:
Bikers, skiers and runners is 115 €
Disabled athletes is free (limited to 2)
Rovaniemi66 intends to be, as well, the initiation to winter races. To participate on it is not necessary to have experience in other winter races but we recommend to people who participate to have experience in marathons or winter mountain traverses.
We understand that anybody who intends to participate in this kind of race without previous winter experience must have the common sense to get good information about all the needs to face a competition like this one.
At the checkpoints, except in Sinettäjärvi checkpoint, racers will find a camp fire and basic shelter. Only in two of them will find water: the first and last checkpoint.
Rovaniemi66 is limited to 100 participants.
DATES AND TIMES
- Registration opens August 15th 2018.
- Registration closes on December 15th 2018.
- Pre Race Meeting and Check-in mandatory gear: February 22nd 2019 at 10:00 h.
- Race sign-in: February 23rd 2019, between 07:45 h. to 08:30 h.
- Race starts February 23rd. 2019, at 09:00 h.
- Race ends February 24th. 2019, at 03:00 h.
WEATHER AND DAY LIGHT HOURS
- Temperatures: could reach or even over exceed -30ºC.
- Light hours: from 8:00 h. to 17:00 h. approximately.