150k, 10.-12 February 2023
Registration will be open next 15.11.2022
(will finish next 15.01.2023)
We believe that anyone who wants to take part in competitions like this without experience of winter hiking must also have common sense to seek out enough about the challenges of such a competition.
Competitors need to know their own limits and they need to be able to take care of themselves. This competition can be dangerous and competitors need to seriously consider whether they are physically and mentally prepared for a competition like this.
YOU MUST START AND FINISH WITH IT.
1. Sleeping bag accepted by the organisation.
2. Sleeping pad (foam mattres or similar).
3. Down jacket.
4. Fleece jacket
5. Goretex, or similar, jacket.
6. Goretex, or similar, pants.
7. Extreme cold mittens.
8. Telephone with enough batteries. It has to work when arrive to the Finish Point.
9. GPS with batteries.
10. Headlamp with enough batteries. It has to work when arrive to the Finish Point.
11. Rear red flashing lamp with enough batteries. It has to work when arrive to the Finish Point.
12. Minimum four (4) reflective patches.
14. Helmet for fatbikers. Helmet must be worn at all times when you are on your fatbike.
* About the Sleeping bag (!):
We have a long list of accepted sleeping bags and we are open to add more models if it meet the required conditions.
We have some guidelines as: down quality, fiber quality, amount of the fill and total weight. Also we look the temperature rate but don't take it to serious. In general terms what makes us to decide is the amount of down or fiber and the quality of it. Normally we accept all sleeping bags with a minimum of 1.000 gr of 90/10 and minimum 700 cuin with a total weight of 2.000 gr. Of course there are a range of possibilities around this, so we study one by one before decide to accept it or not. Also we accept some lighter sleeping bags if complemented with a bivy bag.
* About Bateries: The
most durable in cold temperatures we know are the lithium batteries.
IT'S UP TO YOU TO CARRY IT.
* Organisation will tell you, during the briefing, the weather report and how the track conditions are, so you can better choose your gear.
* Fuel: In Rovaniemi you can find "4-tahti bensiini" in any petrol station and maybe Primus fuel in sport shops.